After Surgery Care
The instructions below are provided to patients as general guidelines. Your physician may also provide instructions specific to you for the procedure being performed.
- It is your responsibility to make advanced arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- You may NOT drive yourself, be left alone, or leave from the surgery in public transportation unless accompanied by an adult.
- Do not drive, drink alcoholic beverage, operate machinery, or make important decisions while taking pain medication.
- Contact your surgeon if you have any questions or problems.
- Make sure to schedule your follow up appointment with your physician’s office.
For helpful tips on getting in and out of bed, watch the NeuroSpine Institute Physical Therapy video below.