It’s no secret that swimming has numerous health benefits, including improved fitness and well-being. However, certain health and physical conditions can prevent some people from participating in traditional aquatic exercises. Ai Chi warm water therapy at Tamarack Wellness Center in Eugene is a great alternative!
Benefits of Warm Water Therapy
Tamarack Pool is equipped with a 92-degree saltwater therapeutic pool. Immersion in this environment brings numerous benefits, including:
- Increased muscle strength, tone, flexibility and mobility
- Improved circulation and respiration
- Rejuvenated sore muscles and joints
- Reduced blood pressure
- Enhanced balance
- Reduced pain and edema
- Accelerated healing from injury and surgery
- Decreased anxiety
- More restful sleep
- Improved kidney function
What Makes Warm Water Therapy Unique?
Improvement of health and well-being
- Therapeutic pool users often experience improvement of a wide range of medical and mental health conditions including arthritis, PTSD, fibromyalgia, chronic pain, depression and diabetes.
- Participants convey that they experience a sense of calm and confidence, while reducing physical and emotional pain.
- They connect with others and enjoy the camaraderie, friendship and happiness that naturally develop in a supportive environment.
Optimal water temperature
- Warm water brings a buoyant, weightless relief. The specific temperature range of 92°-96° Fahrenheit is considered thermo-neutral — ideal for passive or minimally active therapy.
- Immersed in water at lower temperatures, we more readily become chilled and experience uncomfortable muscle contraction.
Gentle on skin and environment
- The pool utilizes state of the art ultraviolet and saltwater generators as well as CO2 to sanitize the pool, producing water that is friendly to bathers and the environment.
- The crystal clear water won’t irritate eyes or skin like chlorinated pools.
Are you a NeuroSpine Patient? Access the pool for free!
NeuroSpine Institute patients can enjoy this unique experience FREE of charge every Saturday from 3:00-4:00 p.m. Call 541-686-9529 for more information or visit www.tamarackwellness.org.